‘Improving Lives, Improving Practice’ guidance
March 5 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Launch event: Tuesday 5 March, Park Inn Cardiff City Centre
Over the past eighteen months, the learning disability sector has been coming together to develop a framework and guidance document to help guide and improve commissioning, and to challenge the traditional model of supported living. The launch event involves interactive sessions to bring the document to life and to break it down into concrete steps we can take as a sector.
This is a free event, and gives a brilliant opportunity to be there at the start of something that can revolutionise our services and liberate those we support to be at the centre of their care and support.
- Seek commitment to change commissioning practices
- Ensure families and service users at centre of process
- Influence commissioning practices to focus on ‘a good life’
- Use of good practice examples to influence change
- Identify opportunities to ensure cost effectiveness and value for money are achievable alongside person-centred approaches
This event is supported by Cymorth Cymru, Learning Disability Wales, and Garland Independent Social Care Advice funded by Welsh Government and the National Commissioning Board.
Do you have an event of your own that you want to tell the co-production community about? Submit the details so we can display it on the calendar and spread the word through the newsletter. Click here for the event details form.